Wednesday 12 December 2012

45.


Well if silence is golden then why are you holdin'
My heart in your blood stained hands?
And why must you admit the times that you sit
Deliberating our ill gained plans?
And why for now why, can I not get so high
That my life just eases away?
Yet where you stand alone, you say goodbye
While I just moan, stay where I am and sway.

So forgive a man that got lost in the sands
Of dusty and bottled old rum.
From coughs and colds to swollen glands
I only wish that I had the company of a gun.
But don't ever let it be said now that romance is dead
For the love I had was askew.
For too long a time, I had just lost my mind
Now I'm simply just used.

So let's sleep and dream for one more day it seems
I'll just waste away
My soul and my pride got lost in the divide
Between my heart and your own legs.
And it's time to say goodbye, for the hope and the whole night
Has become forgotten so easily
I wish I could say that this all would fade away
But it's now been there for all to see...

No comments:

Post a Comment