Friday 30 November 2012

23.

Walking around the streets back home
Memories of knee deep snow.
Oh how I'd like to go back.

That street there is where we all rode bikes
On that field you helped me fly a kite.
We were so alive.

Down that gully is where I fell down
I injured myself and smashed my crown.
Memories of frowns.

whether Battered and bloody
Or coming home muddy
I knew you'd be there to offer goodies.

The houses you knew backed up by roads
Where We saw things run over like cats and toads
Are no longer the same abodes.

The residents grew older and weaker
New moved in and some would tinker
You'd hardly believe though you were a rational thinker.

Since you've been gone
The sun shines on
But the changes never subdued my fun.

Even today I've been
These are the visions I've seen
And yet I know you were there with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment