Sunday 18 November 2012

17

I never used to believe in love
But since You've got up and gone
I'm starting to feel
That it's all real.
It took so long to understand
That it's a combination of things
That were all in my head
I got out of hand.

For the drinking and smoking
Took long to subside.
You left me and you dented my pride.
I'll get better but you'll never see
Because your no longer here
And I just want to be me.
So take your new love however you like
Yes I'm scornful but You've become the antithesis of life.

I still have my dignity, I've done no wrong
You said I'd changed when I lost my mom.
Of course that's true
But I never knew
The way I'd be
When the seasons changed to years.
All of my tears are gone
And it's simply time to move on.

I've got a job I'll get by
I'll find another lover in due time.
For now it's daybreak:
Time for that mental stock take
And no longer worry of how best to please you.
I'm no fool
You were wrong and I right.
I Will never succumb to you again in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment