Monday 13 August 2012

5.


Your damage of mind was so far gone
I cannot be the only one to remember.
We had some great old times -
Laughed together, sang some rhymes.
But in the end it was all for nowt...
You became decayed, I a lout.

Preferences changed anew and again,
I thought we were each other's friends.
I came home and kissed you hello
Through rain, sleet and snow
We trundled merrilly, wearily on
But now I'm still here, and yet your gone.

When it all came to a crushing end
It was time to realise that I'd lose my only true friend.

And if that faint recollection of I listening
makes me a saint in your humble positioning...

Then I want no part of this facade;
My "Everything's fine" life charade.

People like us, we don't care
So long as we have air
To breathe.
A nominal normality;
Food in our belly and fire in our hearts.
What point in loving if in the end we all fall apart?

Why not just give me a chance...
I'll take your words
And we can dance - Perchance.
One night I can dream...

I miss you mother; your will remains.
I am that legacy; I shall never refrain.

No comments:

Post a Comment